The Chapel, which is a protected structure, was designed by leading ecclesiastical architect of the time William H Byrne in 1888. OMP were determined to retain the integrity and visual appearance of the Chapel while at the same time providing modern, energy efficient and adaptable office accommodation. The principles of reversibility applied to all design decisions and all decorative features were retained in the conversion. A free standing steel structure was inserted into the open body of the church which created three floors of offices with a floor area of 1010 sqm and includes a spectacular floor located under the vaulted panelled roof space.
The new structure is self supporting and in most cases is held back from the external structural walls. Natural daylight floods all floors through a large rose window on the south façade, side windows along the nave and conservation type rooflights. Principle meeting rooms are inserted into the apse of the church with the first floor board room gaining acoustic benefit from the ribbed, vaulted ceiling. Other niche meeting areas at first floor are located between the arches supporting the crossing and create spaces of great character with decorative column heads at floor level and low vaulted ceilings making for very intimate work places. A free standing core with all amenities and service runs is also positioned at the crossing . A low energy chill beam conditioning system heats and cools the building. A three sided glazed escape stairway is the only external addition to the building.